- A robust paper, plastics, cans and corrugated box-recycling program that generates funds for volunteer initiatives in the corporate offices.
- Recycling options for empty ink toner cartridges at the corporate offices, distribution centers and more than 1,000 stores.
- State-of-the-art LED lighting in more than 25% of the Company’s retail stores, with more stores transitioning each year.
- Corporate offices transitioning lighting to become more energy efficient, including LED lighting.
- Recycling inbound cartons for outbound shipments in select distribution centers.
- We look to procure alternative energy solutions in areas where options are available. This includes natural gas, nuclear-generated energy, hydroelectric power, and wind and solar generated power.
- A majority of our Journeys retail stores build with all porcelain stoneware products carrying the Ecolabel certification.
- Plastic bags used in more than 1,000 retail stores include 15% recyclable material and are 100% recyclable and reusable.
- Green alternatives for metal store décor and fixture are being used in more than 1,000 stores.