- A robust paper, plastics, cans and corrugated box recycling program that generates funds for volunteer initiatives in the corporate offices.
- Recycling options for empty ink toner cartridges at the corporate offices, distribution centers and more than 1,000 stores.
- State-of-the-art LED lighting in more than 25% of the Company’s retail stores, with more stores transitioning each year.
- Corporate offices transitioning lighting to become more energy efficient, including LED lighting.
- Recycling inbound cartons for outbound shipments in select distribution centers.
- We look to procure alternative energy solutions in areas where options are available. This includes natural gas, nuclear-generated energy, hydroelectric power, and wind and solar generated power.
- A majority of our Journeys retail stores build with all porcelain stoneware products carrying the Ecolabel certification.
- Plastic bags used in more than 1,000 retail stores include 15% recyclable material and are 100% recyclable and reusable.
- Green alternatives for metal store décor and fixture are being used in more than 1,000 stores.
Genesco recognizes our responsibility to promote long-term sustainable business practices and the need to reduce our environmental footprint. Whether at our corporate offices, our distribution centers, retail stores or operations outside the United States, Genesco pursues several initiatives to improve our environmental stewardship, understands evolving sustainability practices, and commits to seek new innovations with sustainable solutions. Examples include: